Service quality and complaints

Are you satisfied with the care and services you received?

The CISSS de Laval has a dedicated and qualified team who wants provide you with the best possible care and services. Client satisfaction is one of our top priorities. We’re always happy to get your feedback. Your comments are appreciated by our employees, who do whatever they can every day to make patients feel comfortable and to provide quality services.

To send us your comments, please contact us at  Ouvre une fenêtre pour la rédaction du

Are you dissatisfied with any care or services you received or didn’t receive?

We need to know about these situations too. No matter how professional our staff members are and no matter how hard they work to meet your needs, you may still be dissatisfied with the quality of care and services that you received or should have received.

Expressing your dissatisfaction can be a very good thing, as you can help us improve the quality of our services. We encourage you to let us know about anything that might help us get better.

For any complaint, please follow the steps below:

  1. First, we invite you to talk about the situation with the staff members involved or with the department manager. This is often enough to solve the problem.
  2. If you feel that this first approach hasn’t solved the problem and you want to make a formal complaint, or if your complaint is about a doctor, please contact the  Office of the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner.

Any complaint about care and services provided at the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de Laval must be sent to the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner.
The Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner reports to the Board of Directors about user rights and the diligent review of user complaints. The Commissioner is an independent officer of the CISSS.

  • Only a user (or his or her legal representative) has the right to make a complaint, unless the complaint is about a health care professional (doctor, pharmacist or medical resident), in which case anyone can make a complaint.
  • The heir or legal representative of a deceased user.

Only complaints regarding health or social services offered by one or other of these resources fall within the jurisdiction of the Commissioner:

  • a facility of the CISSS de Laval
  • an intermediate or family-type resource
  • a community organization in the health and social services network
  • a private seniors’ residence
  • a private or community housing resource 

We do not have the jurisdiction to deal with complaints regarding the care or services provided in:

  • a GMF (except CLSC)
  • a medical clinic
  • a private practice of a professional
  • a private CHSLDs not under agreement
  • ambulance services in the Montreal and Laval regions

For a complaint about the quality of the services offered, please contact the person in charge of the place directly. For a complaint against a doctor in any of these locations, you must contact/typo3conf/l10n/fr/rtehtmlarea/Resources/Private/Language/fr.locallang_accessibilityicons.xlf:external_link_new_window_altText le Collège des médecins.

For a complaint concerning the ambulance transportation service in the Montreal and Laval regions, you must contact the service quality and complaints commissioner for Urgence-Santé/typo3conf/l10n/fr/rtehtmlarea/Resources/Private/Language/fr.locallang_accessibilityicons.xlf:external_link_new_window_altText la Corporation d'Urgence-Santé.

Complaint regarding a professional act

If your complaint is about the quality of a professional act, you can contact the relevant order (see list below):

You can file a complaint with the commissioner if the following 3 conditions are met:

  1. the approach initially with the manager of the department concerned is unsatisfactory*
  2. you are the user of the treatment or service (or its legal representative)
  3. your request is for a health care or service or social service under the responsibility of the CISSS de Laval

We invite you to contact the Office of the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner. A simple phone call is enough!

By dialing : 450 668-1010 poste 23628

By email : Ouvre une fenêtre pour la rédaction du courriel

Using the attached form:

By mail :
Office of the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner.
800, boul. Chomedey Tour A, Office 301
Laval (QC) H7V 3Y4

* To assist you in this process, you can contact the information service of the CISSS de Laval, by dialing 1 877 476-6112 or by writing to  Ouvre une fenêtre pour la rédaction du

When your complaint is received, the Commissioner will do an initial review. Any complaint found to be frivolous or vexatious (made simply to harass someone) or made in bad faith will be automatically dismissed.

If your complaint is considered valid, you will get an acknowledgement. Your complaint will then be diligently reviewed. The findings of the review will be sent to you within 45 days from the date you filed the complaint. The Commissioner may need more time to complete the review. You will be informed if this is the case.

If you disagree with the Commissioner’s findings or if you have not received a response within 45 days, as a last resort you can contact the Québec Ombudsman, who may conduct a new review of your complaint.

Please note that your complaint will be treated in the strictest confidence and the Commissioner will ensure that you will not be subject to reprisals following its filing.


Users' Committee

The Users' Committee at your facility defends your rights and interests. At your request, the committee can help you make a complaint.

For more information, contact the:

Users' Committee - CISSS de Laval
304, Cartier Blvd. West, Office 207
Laval (Québec) H7N 2J2
Phone : 450 972-2099, extension 2079

Residents' Committee

The Residents' Committee at your residential and long-term care centre (CHSLD) upholds your rights, ensures you receive quality services, and makes sure you are satisfied with your care and services. The committee also ensures that you are treated with dignity and respect. Although the members focus on vulnerable clients, they work to improve the living conditions for all residents at the centre.

To contact the committee, get in touch with the CHSLD manager directly.

Centre d'assistance et d'accompagnement aux plaintes de Laval

The Centre d'assistance et d'accompagnement aux plaintes - Laval (CAAP-Laval) can also help you with your complaint. CAAP-Laval is an independent regional community organization that reports to the Ministre de la Santé et des Services sociaux. Theirs services are free and confidential.

672, boul. des Laurentides, office 217
Laval (Québec) H7G 4S6
Phone : 450 662-6022
Fax : 450 662-9620
Email : Ouvre une fenêtre pour la rédaction du
Website : /typo3conf/l10n/fr/rtehtmlarea/Resources/Private/Language/ 

See the MSSS brochure :

See the By-lay governing the Complaint Examination Procedure :

See the annual report on the operation of the complaint examination system (French only)

  • Démarre le chargement du fichier2019-2020 
  • Démarre le chargement du fichier2018-2019
  • Démarre le chargement du fichier2017-2018
  • Démarre le chargement du fichier2016-2017
  • Démarre le chargement du fichier2015-2016