Who can make a complaint?

  • Only a user (or his or her legal representative) has the right to make a complaint, unless the complaint is about a health care professional (doctor, pharmacist or medical resident), in which case anyone can make a complaint.
  • The heir or legal representative of a deceased user.

If you are not someone who can make a complaint but you want to report a situation, contact the Commissioner, who can use the power of his or her office to review the situation.

Complaints reviewed by the commissioner’s office

Complaints about care and services provided at:

  • a facility of the CISSS de Laval
  • an intermediate or family-type resource
  • a community organization in the health and social services network
  • a private seniors’ residence
  • a private or community housing resource (i.e., group home) for drug addicts or pathological gamblers

You can also contact the Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint about a health care professional, such as a physician, dentist, pharmacist or medical resident, who practises at a CISSS de Laval facility.

Complaints not reviewed by the commissioner’s office

For administrative complaints  about a GMF or medical clinic, please contact the administrative manager of the GMF.

For a complaint about care and services that you received from a doctor at a private clinic, you must contact the/typo3conf/l10n/fr/rtehtmlarea/Resources/Private/Language/fr.locallang_accessibilityicons.xlf:external_link_new_window_altText Collège des médecins du Québec .

For complaints about ambulance services in the Montreal and Laval regions, contact the /typo3conf/l10n/fr/rtehtmlarea/Resources/Private/Language/fr.locallang_accessibilityicons.xlf:external_link_new_window_altText Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner for Urgences-santé  .

Complaints about a professional act

If your complaint is about the quality of a professional act, you can contact the relevant order (see list below):

Ouvre un lien interne dans la fenêtre couranteHow do I make a complaint?